Thursday 1 September 2011

Harry the robin makes a come back!


Hello all!
I was wondering if you could help me. I am having a little trouble with the background of this image, the trees, and maybe the white space (but I think I might leave it white).
I was wondering if you could please tell me if you think the trees in this image link with the whole picture, or are they too distracting. I did try to have a solid colour but that really didn't work.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)


2 comments:

  1. I think it works as it is. The trees break up the background a bit, and the white space between them focuses you on the characters. Lovely robin drawings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be the lack of a black line on the trees? The other elements have black lines keylines on them.

    I like the white space, but maybe a very very pale texture, would pull it together a bit more?

    It is a lovely illustration as it is. I really like the leaves, and how they draw the colours in the foreground characters to the tree.

    ReplyDelete